BioFe+ Iron Liquid For The Family
BioFe+ with B6 and B12 helps to prevent iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia. BioFe+ is gentle and will not upset sensitive stomachs or stain teeth like common iron supplements.
Sweet Blast 250 mL (50 Servings)
Buy 6 – 11 units, save 18%
Buy 12 or more, save 25%
(*cannot be combined with any other promo code or discount)
BioFe™ helps to prevent iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia. BioFe™ is gentle and will not upset sensitive stomachs or stain teeth like common iron supplements.
Benefits of BioFe+™
- Helps to prevent iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia
- Does not upset digestive tract
- Will not cause constipation
- Does not stain teeth
- Pure, no harmful, artificial, or unnecessary ingredients
- Tastes great and easy-to-swallow.
- Added vitamin B6 and B12
What makes BioFe™ better than other irons? Many iron supplements irritate the digestive system causing constipation, diarrhea, nausea, and cramping. You don’t have to worry about these side effects with BioFe™.
Like all KidStar™ nutrients our iron supplements are pure and do not contain sugar, artificial colours, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavours, soy, gluten, benzoates and GMOs.
What makes BioFe™ so Great?
- Can be taken with or without food
- Can be taken with calcium or other vitamins and minerals
- Does not cause digestive upsets such as constipation, diarrhea or nausea
- Will not stain teeth like other common liquid iron supplements
- No additives, preservatives like benzoates, gluten, wheat, yeast, sugar, soy, or colours
- Tastes great
- Sweetened with natural xylitol
- Vegetarian source
Ingredients & Dose
Suggested Use: Children ages one to adults, take one teaspoon (5 mL) per day. For pregnant women take 2 teaspoons (10 mL) per day. Take with food a few hours away from medications. Refrigerate after opening.
Medicinal Ingredients (per 5 mL):
Iron (Iron (III) pyrophosphate elemental…..15 mg
Vitamin B12 (cyanocobalamin)…..1.25 mcg
Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine hydrochloride)…..0.7 mg
Purified water, xylitol, xanthan gum, sunflower lecithin, starch, (potassium sorbate less than 0.2% of total product)
Iron & Health
What is Iron?
Iron is an essential mineral needed for mental, physical, and emotional development in children. In both adults and children, iron is an essential component of hemoglobin which transfers oxygen from the lungs to the body’s tissues. Iron also provides us with much-needed energy. Iron is utilized by the brain to make several neurotransmitters including, serotonin our happy hormone, and melatonin our sleep hormone. Iron is necessary for a healthy immune system.
Many people will start to see symptoms of low iron and iron deficiency long before a test diagnoses them with anemia.
Signs and Symptoms of Low Iron:
- Dark under-eye circles
- Shortness of breath
- Moodiness or irritability
- Pale skin, lips, and eyelids
- Increased infections, colds, and flus
- Becoming tired quickly
- Craving and eating ice, dirt, clay, or other non-food items (pica)
- Restless legs
- Heart palpitations
- Teeth grinding
How Much Iron do We Need?
To prevent iron deficiency anemia, supplement with the following dose:
- Children 7 months to 13 years – 10 mg iron daily
- Girls 14 to 18 years – 15 mg daily
- Boys 14 to 18 years – 10 mg daily
- Women 19 to 50 years – 18 mg daily
- Postmenopausal women – 8 mg daily
- Men 19 years and up – 8 mg daily
- Pregnancy – 30 mg daily
- Lactating – 10 mg daily
The doses recommended above are for elemental iron. Elemental iron is the total amount of iron available for absorption by your body. Always look for the elemental amount of iron when choosing an iron supplement.
To ensure your iron levels are at a healthy level ferritin levels should be tested. Ferritin ranges will let you know if you or your child is anemic, however non-anemic iron deficiency, which is much more common, is also a serious health problem and can cause lasting issues, especially in the very young. The lower ferritin levels are, even when they are within the normal reference range, the more likely a deficiency. Note that for adults normal ferritin/iron stores are levels greater than 100 ug/L and less than 600 ug/L.
If you or your child is diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia your health care provider will recommend a therapeutic dose as a treatment for anemia. Therapeutic doses will be higher than is recommended above.
Did You Know?
- Fe – is the symbol for iron
- Blood is red because the iron carries oxygen
- The blue tinge under the eyes of those with iron deficiency anemia is due to the lack of oxygen in the blood caused by low iron
- There are two types of iron found in foods, heme and non-heme
- Animal meats and egg yolks contain heme and non-heme iron
- Dairy and plant food contains only non-heme
- A newborn baby typically has enough iron stores to last the first 4 to 6 months of life
- Vitamin C can help your body absorb the iron in food, while calcium will hinder absorption.
- Low iron can reduce IQ levels
- Iron is used to make hormones in the body
- Iron is needed to make serotonin and melatonin our mood and sleep hormones
- Cooking poultry and meats reduces heme iron levels
Customers Frequently Purchase
Easy on the stomach, delicious, tiny chewable iron tablet.
BioFe™ Pure Iron Chewables
All of KidStar’s most popular iron products in one bundle.
Gentle, unflavoured, pure iron drops in an MCT base.
BioFe™ Pure Iron Drops