BioFe™ Pure Iron Drops
BioFe raises your child’s iron quickly. BioFe will not upset sensitive stomachs or stain teeth like other common iron supplements. For picky children, BioFe iron drops are easy to hide in food. Made with only three ingredients.
Unflavoured 30 mL (50 Day Supply)
The iron in BioFe™ raises your child’s iron levels quickly. BioFe™ uses an iron that is gentle and will not upset sensitive stomachs or stain teeth like common iron supplements. The iron used in BioFe Pure Iron is micronized and then microencapsulated with a protective liposomal coating to optimize absorption.
Benefits of the Iron in BioFe™
- Helps to prevent and treat low iron and anemia
- Quickly raises ferritin and hemoglobin
- Does not upset digestive tract
- Will not cause constipation
- Does not stain teeth
- Contains only three ingredients
- Easy-to-swallow drops, can be hidden in food
- Pure, no harmful, artificial or unnecessary ingredients
What makes the iron in BioFe™ better than other irons? Many iron supplements irritate the digestive system causing constipation, diarrhea, black stools, nausea, and cramping. You don’t have to worry about these side effects with BioFe™ because the iron used in it is micronized and then microencapsulated in a protective liposomal coating to optimize absorption.
What is Micronized?
Micronizing is a process that grinds the iron into a fine powder to make it completely dispersible in liquids and absorbable in the intestinal tract. Micronizing makes the iron highly absorbable thereby raising hemoglobin and ferritin levels quickly.
What is Microencapsulation?
The iron in BioFe™ is microencapsulated in a protective liposomal coating. A liposome is a spherical fat molecule. The coating ensures you will not have the common side effects of iron supplements, like constipation, black stools, tummy upset and grey teeth.
Microencapsulating the iron in a liposome increases the absorption by allowing the iron to travel intact, past the stomach, into the small intestine where iron is readily absorbed. Liposomal microencapsulation allows BioFe™ Iron to be taken at the same time as foods and nutrients that contain iron-inhibiting ingredients like calcium.
Iron is not the best-tasting ingredient and microencapsulation ensures BioFe™ tastes great. BioFe™ Iron is available in unflavoured liquid drops, and a tiny chewable tablet.
Like all KidStar™ nutrients our iron supplements are pure and do not contain sugar, artificial colours, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavours, soy, gluten, benzoates and GMOs.
What makes BioFe™ so Great?
- Can be taken with or without food
- Can be taken with calcium or other vitamins and minerals
- Does not cause digestive upsets such as constipation, diarrhea or nausea
- Easily absorbed by the body
- Will not stain teeth like other common liquid iron supplements
- No additives, artifical preservatives like benzoates, gluten, wheat, yeast, sugar, soy, or colours
- Tastes great
- Sweetened with natural xylitol
- Vegetarian source
Ingredients & Dose
Iron & Health
Iron is an essential mineral needed for mental, physical and emotional development in children. In both adults and children, iron is an essential component of hemoglobin which transfers oxygen from the lungs to the body’s tissues. Iron also provides us with much-needed energy. Iron is utilized by the brain to make several neurotransmitters including serotonin, our happy hormone, and melatonin, our sleep hormone. Iron is necessary for a healthy immune system.
For growing infants and children iron is very important. Low iron can lead to behavioural problems including tantrums, ADHD-like behaviour and sleep problems. As well as physical development issues like failure to thrive, short stature, and poor grades at school. Iron also helps build a strong immune system helping to fight illness and infection.
Signs and Symptoms of Low Iron:
- Dark under-eye circles
- Moodiness, irritability or tantrums
- Pale skin, lips, and eyelids
- Increased infections, colds, and flus
- Sleep disturbances like having a hard time falling asleep
- Becoming tired quickly or needing more naps
- Craving and eating ice, dirt, clay or other non-food items (pica)
- Poor appetite
- ADHD-like behaviours and/or tantrums
- Slow growth (short or small for age)
- Poor grades, low test scores
- Teeth grinding
How Much Iron do Kids Need?
To prevent iron deficiency anemia, supplement with the following dose:
- Children 7 months to 13 years – 10 mg iron daily
- Girls 14 to 18 years – 15 mg daily
- Boys 14 to 18 years – 10 mg daily
- Pregnancy – 30 mg daily
- Lactating – 10 mg daily
The doses recommended above are for elemental iron. Elemental iron is the total amount of iron available for absorption by your body. Always look for the elemental amount of iron when choosing an iron supplement.
If your child is diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia your health care provider will recommend a therapeutic dose as a treatment for anemia. Therapeutic doses will be higher than is recommended above.
Did You Know?
- Fe – is the symbol for iron
- Blood is red because the iron carries oxygen
- There are two types of iron found in foods, heme and non-heme
- Animal meats and egg yolks contain heme and non-heme iron
- Dairy and plant foods contain only non-heme
- A newborn baby typically has enough iron stores to last the first 4 to 6 months of life, unless the mother was iron deficient during pregnancy
- Vitamin C can help your body absorb the iron in food, while calcium will hinder absorption.
- Low iron can reduce IQ levels
- Iron is used to make estrogen and testosterone in the body
- Iron is needed to make serotonin and melatonin our mood and sleep hormones
- Cooking poultry and meats reduces heme iron levels
Customers Frequently Purchase
Gentle, highly absorbable, pure iron formula that raises ferritin and hemoglobin fast, in a tiny chewable tablet.
BioFe™ Pure Iron Chewables
Complete multi vitamin and mineral formula, most bioavailable forms of essential nutrients.
Gentle, highly absorbable, pure iron formula. Raises ferritin and hemoglobin fast.
BioFe+™ Iron Liquid