BioFe Pure Iron Drops
BioFe helps to prevent low iron. BioFe will not upset sensitive stomachs or stain teeth like other common iron supplements. For picky children, BioFe iron drops are easy to hide in food.
Unflavoured 30 mL (50 Day Supply)
Buy 6 – 11 units, save 18%
Buy 12 or more, save 25%
(*cannot be combined with any other promo code or discount)
The iron in BioFe® helps to prevent iron deficiency and iron-deficiency anemia. BioFe® uses an iron that is gentle and will not upset sensitive stomachs or stain teeth like common iron supplements.
Benefits of the Iron in BioFe®
- Helps to prevent iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia
- Does not upset digestive tract
- Will not cause constipation
- Does not stain teeth
- Contains only three ingredients
- Easy-to-swallow drops, can be hidden in food
- Pure, no harmful, artificial or unnecessary ingredients
What makes BioFe® better than other irons? Many iron supplements irritate the digestive system causing constipation, diarrhea, black stools, nausea, and cramping. You don’t have to worry about these side effects with BioFe® because it is micronized and then microencapsulated.
What is Micronized?
Micronizing is a process that grinds the iron into a fine powder to make it completely dispersible in liquids and absorbable in the intestinal tract.
What is Microencapsulation?
BioFe® is microencapsulated with a protective coating. The coating ensures you will not have the common side effects of iron supplements, like constipation, black stools, tummy upset and gray teeth. Microencapsulation allows BioFe® Iron to be taken at the same time as foods and nutrients containing iron-inhibiting ingredients like calcium.
Iron is not the best-tasting ingredient and microencapsulation ensures BioFe® tastes great. BioFe® Iron is available in a delicious liquid, unflavoured liquid drops, and a tiny chewable tablet.
Like all KidStar® nutrients our iron supplements are pure and do not contain sugar, artificial colours, artificial sweeteners, artificial flavours, soy, gluten, benzoates and GMOs.
What makes BioFe® so Great?
- Can be taken with or without food
- Can be taken with calcium or other vitamins and minerals
- Does not cause digestive upsets such as constipation, diarrhea or nausea
- Will not stain teeth like other common liquid iron supplements
- No additives, artificial preservatives like benzoates, gluten, wheat, yeast, sugar, soy, or colours
- Tastes great
- Vegetarian source
Ingredients & Dose
Suggested Use: Children 0-6 months take 30 drops daily; 7 months to 13 years old take 20 drops daily. Shake well. Mix in breast milk, formula, or food.
Medicinal Ingredients (20 drops):
Iron (Iron (III) pyrophosphate elemental)…..10 mg
Pure MCT oil, Maize starch, Sunflower lecithin, Vitamin E mixed tocopherols.
Iron & Health
Iron is an essential mineral needed for mental, physical and emotional development in children. In both adults and children, iron is an essential component of hemoglobin which transfers oxygen from the lungs to the body’s tissues. Iron also provides us with much-needed energy. Iron is utilized by the brain to make several neurotransmitters including serotonin, our happy hormone, and melatonin, our sleep hormone. Iron is necessary for a healthy immune system.
For growing infants and children iron is very important. Low iron can lead to behavioural problems including tantrums, ADHD-like behaviour and sleep problems. As well as physical development issues like failure to thrive, short stature, and poor grades at school. Iron also helps build a strong immune system helping to fight illness and infection.
Signs and Symptoms of Low Iron:
- Dark under-eye circles
- Moodiness, irritability or tantrums
- Pale skin, lips, and eyelids
- Increased infections, colds, and flus
- Sleep disturbances like having a hard time falling asleep
- Becoming tired quickly or needing more naps
- Craving and eating ice, dirt, clay or other non-food items (pica)
- Poor appetite
- ADHD-like behaviours and/or tantrums
- Slow growth (short or small for age)
- Poor grades, low test scores
- Teeth grinding
How Much Iron do Kids Need?
To prevent iron deficiency anemia, supplement with the following dose:
- Children 7 months to 13 years – 10 mg iron daily
- Girls 14 to 18 years – 15 mg daily
- Boys 14 to 18 years – 10 mg daily
- Pregnancy – 30 mg daily
- Lactating – 10 mg daily
The doses recommended above are for elemental iron. Elemental iron is the total amount of iron available for absorption by your body. Always look for the elemental amount of iron when choosing an iron supplement.
If your child is diagnosed with iron deficiency anemia your health care provider will recommend a therapeutic dose as a treatment for anemia. Therapeutic doses will be higher than is recommended above.
Did You Know?
- Fe – is the symbol for iron
- Blood is red because the iron carries oxygen
- There are two types of iron found in foods, heme and non-heme
- Animal meats and egg yolks contain heme and non-heme iron
- Dairy and plant foods contain only non-heme
- A newborn baby typically has enough iron stores to last the first 4 to 6 months of life, unless the mother was iron deficient during pregnancy
- Vitamin C can help your body absorb the iron in food, while calcium will hinder absorption.
- Low iron can reduce IQ levels
- Iron is used to make estrogen and testosterone in the body
- Iron is needed to make serotonin and melatonin our mood and sleep hormones
- Cooking poultry and meats reduces heme iron levels
4 reviews for BioFe Pure Iron Drops
Customers Frequently Purchase
All of KidStar’s most popular iron products in one bundle
Complete multi vitamin and mineral formula with the highest quality essential nutrients.
Gentle, delicious, iron liquid formula for toddlers, children, and older.
Can’t get enough of KidStar Products. I’ve been on the search for kids iron since my first child was born (3 years) …. finally a product simple and pure and better yet it’s local! I would’ve bought this even if it was from a different country but i sure appreciate it being in Vancouver. Also tried the omega jelly balls and didn’t think my picky eater would even try them but he asks for his everyday.. wow! I recommend KidStar to everyone who brings up kids vitamins 🙂 ps. I’ll look out for a powder meal supplement for kids in the future?! Would love to see that come out! 😉
Trisha (verified owner) –
First order placed, impressed! Love to support a Canadian company and drops are the easiest way for my kids to take any vitamin/mineral supplement . Also, very impressed on the timing in which I received my order in BC and the show of appreciation that came with my order. Thank you!
Nicole (verified owner) –
The easiest vitamin I’ve ever gotten my kids to take! They love counting the drops on their tongue. It’s so easy to add to a drink or smoothie or really anything. Love the size of the jar it’s easily portable if need be. Just a really great iron supplement!
These taste great off a spoon, and are awesome for throwing into smoothies! The size of the bottle also makes it very easy to take this product with me so I never forget to take my iron.