Customer Service and Inside Sales Representative
Vancouver, BC | Part-Time
KidStar Nutrients is a new, young, and fast-growing supplements company based out of East Vancouver. We are devoted to educating parents about optimal nutrition, developing top quality products with kids in mind that the whole family can take. Parents can feel good about giving our nutrients to their children, and themselves. Our nutrients are clean because KidStar Nutrients believes a supplement should only contain what you need and nothing more.
KidStar Nutrients is a proudly Canadian family-managed company.
If you have an interest or passion for health and nutrition, love giving star customer service, and are confident in sales then this job is for you.
KidStar is looking for someone to help support our orders desk and outside sales team. The successful candidate for this role will have a strong command of the company’s customer service policies, be able to confidently introduce KidStar products to new and prospective accounts, and be well-trained in product knowledge that can be critical for offering quick and accurate assistance to customers.
To start this role will be 16 to 24 hours a week. Mondays, Fridays, and one other day a week of your choice as needed, 8 am to 4 pm. As our company grows this role has the potential to become full time.
- Answer phone calls, field questions, and transfer calls as needed. Offer efficient and comprehensive communication with customers/retailers regarding inquiries, problem resolutions, etc.
- Support and work with our outside sales team, warehouse, and accounting departments.
- Answer product questions that come in from consumers and retailers.
- Manage and process incoming phone, email, and WooCommerce orders promptly and accurately into QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Managing our info@ inbox and ensure all emails are promptly answered.
- Cold calls and follow up with prospective accounts and secure orders.
- Update existing wholesale customers on new products, prices, and sale events.
- Ensure accounts in areas with no outside sales broker are contacted monthly.
- Enter new accounts and all relative information into QuickBooks Enterprise.
- Call existing customers to secure orders for flyers, promos, monthly specials.
- Process product returns and credits.
- Complete new tasks and jobs that arise in the role.
- Make sales calls to new and existing customers to maintain relationships and to cultivate additional business
- Update existing accounts on our new products, prices, and sale events by using QuickBooks Enterprise to track communication.
- At least 1 year of relevant sales experience
- At least 2 years of customer service experience
- Education or work experience in the health food, nutrition, or supplement industry an asset
- A love of selling and the ability to generate and close sales via telephone
- Ability to work as part of a collaborative team to achieve goals
- Intermediate computer experience; Microsoft Office, Excel, QuickBooks
- Experience dealing with dozens of calls per day
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively
- Strong attention to detail, is well organized and efficient
- Ability to see issues through to resolution
- Exhibits consistent good judgment in decisions and interactions
- Proactive problem-solving approach: the ability to anticipate problems before they occur and take initiative to identify and solve problems when they occur
- Transparent, honest, confident, and clear communicator both through email and over the phone
- Takes initiative without ‘cold call’ reluctance
- Fast learner, can react to changing environment
Compensation and Benefits
- Paid sick days
- A health expense account
- Company-sponsored lunches and social events (as covid allows)
- Competitive hourly rate dependant on experience
Email your resume/CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the job title in the subject line.