Prenatal+ Multivitamin for Women
Iron and Algae DHA
Are you growing or preparing to grow your own Star Kid? We have your baby-making nutritional bases covered with Prenatal+™. A vegetarian prenatal multivitamin for preconception, pregnancy, and breastfeeding. Prenatal+™ can also be used as a daily multivitamin for all women.
Note: Prenatal+ expires 03/2024; no exchanges or returns.
Benefits of Prenatal+™
- Helps pregnant women meet the recommended intake for iron, when taken in conjunction with a healthy diet.
- Helps to prevent iron deficiency and iron deficiency anemia.
- Helps to form red blood cells and helps in their proper function.
- Helps to reduce the risk of neural tube defects when taken daily at least three months prior to becoming pregnant and during early pregnancy.
- Helps to support normal early fetal development (brain and spinal cord).
- Source of vitamins and minerals that are factors in normal growth and development.
- Source of vitamins and minerals that support biological functions which play a key role in the maintenance of good health.
Some of the key nutrients needed during pregnancy and how they support baby:
Folic Acid – Folic acid is needed for proper formation of the brain, spine, and cardiovascular system. It is especially important to get enough folic acid in the early stages of pregnancy to help prevent birth defects.
Calcium – Needed for the development of bones and teeth as well as to support the development of muscles and nerves. If calcium intake is not great enough to cover baby’s needs, calcium will be pulled from mom, putting her bones at risk.
Iron – Iron is extremely important for pregnant women and their babies. Adequate iron levels are needed to keep up with the increased demand for blood supply and to ensure that your baby has enough iron for proper brain development.
Algae DHA – DHA (and EPA) are essential fats that are important to consume during pregnancy. DHA is needed for brain and eye development. Unfortunately, it’s difficult to get enough of these omega-3 fatty acids, especially in the amounts needed during pregnancy. Our Prenatal+ contains vegan DHA from algae to help support your daily DHA needs.
Like all KidStar™ nutrients, Prenatal+ is free from harmful fillers, colours, sweeteners, and flavours.
Ingredients & Dose
Medicinal Ingredients (per 3 capsules):
Beta-carotene….. 1500 mcg (2500 IU)
Vitamin B1 (thiamine, benfotiamine)….. 1.4 mg
Vitamin B2 (riboflavin 5′-phosphate sodium)….. 1.4 mg
Vitamin B3 (niacinamide)….. 18 mg
Vitamin B5 (calcium D-pantothenate)….. 6 mg
Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine 5′-phosphate)….. 1.9 mg
Vitamin B12 (methylcobalamin)….. 2.7 mcg
Vitamin C (calcium ascorbate)….. 84 mg
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol)….. 10 mcg (400 IU)
Vitamin E (d-alpha tocopherol)….. 20 mg AT (30 IU)
Biotin….. 30 mcg
Folate (folic acid)….. 800 mcg
Calcium (citrate)….. 52.5 mg
Chromium (chromium (III) nicotinate)….. 30 mcg
Iron (iron (III) pyrophosphate, elemental)….. 27 mg
Magnesium (glycinate)….. 12 mg
Manganese (manganese (II) citrate)….. 2 mg
Selenium (selenomethionine)….. 30 mcg
Zinc (citrate, dihydrate)….. 7.5 mg
Iodine (potassium iodide)….. 220 mcg
Whole schizochytrium spp. (docosahexaenoic acid (DHA))….. 50 mg
Ginger, L-leucine, sunflower lecithin, sweet potato maltodextrin, vegetarian capsule (vegetarian hypromellose, purified water).
Did You Know?
- Women who are planning to become pregnant should start taking folic acid daily for at least three months before the pregnancy
- Pregnant women have increased iron needs in order to supply more blood and oxygen to the developing baby
- A newborn baby typically has enough iron stores to last the first 4 to 6 months of life, as long as the mother had healthy iron stores, there were no complications that lead to blood loss, and the baby is not premature
- The recommended daily intake of iron is 27 mg per day for pregnant women, however, women who are deficient or anemic will require more
- DHA is an essential fatty acid needed for the growth and development of the brain and retinas in developing fetuses and babies
Customers Frequently Purchase
Easy on the stomach, delicious, tiny chewable iron tablet.
Gentle, unflavoured, pure iron drops in an MCT base.
Loaded with essential vitamins, minerals, and omega-3 fatty acids