Banana Protein Muffins
- 2 large ripe organic bananas
- 1 egg OR 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia mixed with 1 tbsp water, stir to combine and leave to sit for 5 min before use)
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/3 cup applesauce
- 3 tbsp melted butter (coconut, olive, or avocado oil if vegan)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup organic flour of choice, such as oat, whole wheat, gluten-free
- 1/4 cup All-in-One Plant-Based protein powder – Cosmic Cocoa
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease muffin tins with butter or oil. Regular or mini-sized muffin tins can be used.
- Mash bananas and combine with egg/chia egg, honey, melted butter, applesauce, and vanilla. Stir to combine.
- Add dry ingredients except for chocolate chips. Stir to combine. Do not overmix.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Put muffin batter into muffin tins and place in the oven. Bake for 12-15 minutes. More time may be needed if using larger muffin tins.
- Store muffins in an airtight container. Muffins can be frozen and reheated in a toaster oven.
KidStar™ All-in-One Plant-Based Protein
Protein is an essential macronutrient and an important building block for muscles, tissue, organs, bones, skin, and nails. It can be hard for picky eaters, vegetarians, and vegans to reach daily protein requirements. KidStar™ All-In-One helps to meet protein needs for growing and developing children.
KidStar™ All-in-One Plant-Based Protein is packed with protein, vitamins and minerals, prebiotic fibre, DHA, and organic fruits and vegetables. Like all KidStar™ products, our plant-based protein does not contain sugar, artificial colours, artificial sweeteners and artificial flavours, soy, gluten or GMOs.